- Small pot or bucket, I bought mine from Hobby Craft for only 59p, any craft shop should have something similar. If you don’t have either then you could use a yogurt pot or ice cream tub and cut it to size. Wrap some gift wrap around it
- Gravel, sand, or something which will anchor the flower in place
- Lollypop sticks (good excuse for eating an ice lolly) and some green paint, or a straw or pipecleaner
- Patterned paper and card, or patterned card
- Bottle top or button
- Pritt stick or PVA glue
- Glue gun or super glue
- Small piece of card to write message on and sticky tape (optional)
Begin by painting the lollypop stick green on both sides. While it is drying, draw a flower shape on some card and cut it out. Using Pritt stick, stuck the patterned paper on to both sides of the card flower. Then, heat up and load the glue gun as instructed by manufacturer and stick the bottle top/button into the centre of the flower on one side.
When both the lollypop stick and flower are dry, glue the stick onto the back of the flower. If you want to, write a message on a small piece of card and stick it onto the flowerpot/bucket. And, to finish, fill the pot with gravel and push in the flower, ensuring that it will stay up. Quick and easy, and I am sure your mum will love having the flower at her desk in work. Alternatively, you could make the flower and stick it onto a card, or go to town and make several flowers of different sizes to make a flower box or bunch.
Happy mother’s day!
Let me know if your mummy liked it.